The ERC Advanced grant project AGRELITA “The reception of ancient Greece in premodern French literature and illustrations of manuscripts and printed books (1320-1550): how
invented memories shaped the identity of European communities”, led by Prof. Catherine
Gaullier-Bougassas (Principal Investigator), is now accepting applications for 1 position of
Project Manager (100%), starting on 01/10/21.
AGRELITA is based at the University of Lille and funded for five years by the ERC
About the Project
Until now the reception history of ancient Greece in Pre-modern Western Europe has focused almost exclusively on the transmission of Ancient Greek texts. Yet well before the revival of Greek’s teaching, numerous vernacular works, often illustrated, contained elaborate representations of ancient Greece. AGRELITA will study a large corpus of French-language literary works produced from the 1320s to the 1550s in France and Europe, as well as the images offered by their manuscripts and printed books.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Master’s degree minimum or PhD
- Experience in conducting scientific research projects.
- Previous experience of managing EU projects and budgets would be an advantage.
- An affinity for European projects and research in the humanities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Rigor, reliability
- Sense of organization
- Autonomy, sense of initiative and responsibility, reactive and flexible attitude, ability to
handle different situations and resolve difficulties
- Team spirit and ability to work in a network, with interlocutors with multiple concerns,
ability to listen and adapt.
- Very good interpersonal skills, confidentiality, availability
- Proficiency in office automation tools
- Experience of basic web editing
- Location : University of Lille, ALITHILA laboratory.
- Employer: University of Lille
- Type of contract: fixed-term contract
- Duration of the contract: 3 years, with a possible renewal of 2 years
- Working time: 100%
- Estimated starting date of the contract : 1st October 2021
- Remuneration: depending on profile and experience
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application file to be sent in digital format (pdf) by 15 June 2021 at the latest to email@example.com
The file should include:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation
- The names and contact details of two referees, at the end of the CV file.
The selected candidates will be auditioned at the end of June/beginning of July, in person if
possible, if not by video. Response by 15 July 2021 or end of July.
For more information, download the Call for Applications PDF.